Thursday, June 5, 2014

Thankful Thursday V2

Woooo! What a week. I have had quite a few setbacks this week, my dishwasher went out, then my washer, and now my car (transmission control modulator, which might I add is NOT cheap) BUT, despite it all, I choose to be joyful.

Psalm 28:7 - The Lord is my strength and shield. I trust him with all of my heart. He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy. I burst out in songs of Thanksgiving.

James 1:2-4 Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing.

This week I am thankful for:

* Chevron print and bright pants

 * Weird photo's with my furbaby!

* Great food ideas from Steff over at Iffy Inklings. I love avocado so this intrigued me

* My hair getting past the 'awkward' stage. Longest it's been since I was a child

* I am thankful for the fact that even though my car decided to go out on me this week that Ol' Blue at least waited until Em & I were home safe from our weekend trip to Port Saint Lucie. Being broke down almost 3 hours from home would have sucked. I am so thankful that I had no issues until I was in my own driveway.

* A possible chance at scoring a (free) dishwasher from a friend of mine. Free is for me!

* Good friends and coworkers that have ensured I've made it to and from work on a daily basis this week. I hate depending on others, but, it's nice to know I can.

* A good dentist appointment. Dentist told me to 'keep doing whatever I am doing'
* Quality time with my boyfriend, even if just by phone. I can't wait til I get to Michigan!

* The song 'Oh Lord I want you to help me' by Cheryl Pepsii Riley. It has been on repeat this week.

I linked up with Katie ElizabethMake Me Up MiaCarly Blogs HereThe Strong Family

3 comments:

  1. So inspiring that you are so positive, even when things are getting crazy! I LOVE your outfit and know the excitement from hair getting past that awkward length. :)

    PS, for the pizza, put the avocado on after it's baked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Car problems are never fun! I had my fair share a couple of weeks ago and I thought I was going to go bankrupt, haha. Loving your bright pink pants! Hope you're having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete