Monday, June 2, 2014

Road trip - Port Saint Lucie, West Palm & Jupiter

This past weekend me and one of my best friends ventured down to Port Saint Lucie, Florida to visit a good friend of ours. Usually when we go down there, we go to the beach and relax for a few hours, but, this time, our friend decided to be our personal tour guide and take us down to West Palm Beach and Jupiter.

E & I headed out on Friday afternoon, after a quick stop at WaWa - because it's still new to us, and, I may or may not have a slight addiction to their fresh baked chocolate chip cookies, that, might I add, THEY WERE SOLD OUT OF! That's okay, I didn't need it anyways!


We arrived Friday night and just hung out. Watched a little TV, played around with Candy Crush and pinterest, and had a midnight snack of fruit and banana bread, yum! E & I got a little adventurous in the middle of the night. We were hot and realized the AC vent was facing away from us, so, we busted out some moves, and turned the vent towards us. To do this, E had to get down on all 4's and brace herself for me to climb on her back. But hey, it worked!

We were all up bright and early (like 5:30 in the morning for me, and I am NOT a morning person) and headed out around 9:30am. Our 1st stop was the Riviera Beach Marina. We had a great view of Peanut Island from the pier. While the view was gorgeous, I was personally more amazed by the friggin' huge lizards in the area. They were not iguanas. Apparently they are called curly tail lizards, and they can get to be massive. Not your typical backyard lizard, that's for sure




^^ the view from the pier

From the marina, as we were about to go over that beautiful bridge in the above picture, we had to take a total detour because we passed a Publix that had a parking garage on top, and the store on the bottom, meaning if you bought groceries, you had to put your cart on an escalator to get it to the top where you were parked at. We don't see that every day in the more rural areas of Central Florida. We ran in for a quick restroom break and then left without buying anything but we did send an empty cart up the escalator for the full effect. Shh - don't judge.

We eventually made it to Bubba Gump's Shrimp Company for lunch and it was a perfect choice as we got to see a manatee swim by as we enjoyed the beautiful day on the patio. We also had a nice view of the Jupiter Inlet Lighthouse. We ended up ordering fried shrimp, jambalaya and a fried mahi sandwich, all of which were delicious. 


We headed to the Blowing Rocks Preserve after lunch, and I think this was my favorite place of the day. It was breath-taking. And the weather was perfect. If I had a good book and a chair, I could have stayed out there for hours just listening to the waves and relaxing.

 ^^ truly breath-taking. 


 ^^ my pocket is bulging because I found a ton of great shells for my step babies! <3


We ended our day by driving by and admiring stars houses on Beach Road, as well as going under some beautiful trees that led us to Bridge road.

I had to head back into work on Sunday, but I had a great weekend with great friends and I feel so blessed for any time I do get to hang out with them!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a great weekend! I just love the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What gorgeous pictures from the pier and beach! I love your chevron top too! It sounds like such a fun weekend with friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like it was a great weekend! My grandparents used to have a place in Port St. Lucie :)

    ReplyDelete