Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Thankful Thursday V1

If you followed my previous blog, you will remember I did Thankful Thursday link ups every Thursday. I am happy to continue that tradition here, as I truly believe that a thankful heart is a happy heart! I am not hosting a link up yet this week because, well, quiet honestly, I am still trying to get my readership back up. When you go on a blogging hiatus for a year and a half, you kind of fall off the radar. But, the link up will be coming soon, once I get my button designed, likely next week. Now, without further ado...

This week I am thankful for:

These two cuties!


My 'nephew' turned 7 on Saturday and my 'niece' turned 4! Both of these precious babies have been through way more than anyone should ever have to go through, especially at such a young age.  "A" was born with VSD (Ventricular Sepal Defect) a congenital heart defect. He underwent open heart surgery just shy of him being 6 months old. He's a trooper! "B" lost her Daddy to a drunk driver in September 2012 when she was just 2 years old. Both of these kiddo's are so strong willed and I just love them to pieces and am so thankful to have them in my life. "A" no longer lives in Florida so I didn't get to see him on his special day, BUT, we had a big Princess party for Miss B and beyond us melting in the 100 degrees Florida sun, we all had a blast!

^^ B's family and friends dressed as princesses :)


I am also thankful for the way last Friday turned out. I had the option to go into work for overtime on my day off, or, host a yard sale while the weather guaranteed no rain (is it ever really a guarantee in Florida?!). I chose to host the yard sale because I normally due fairly well, and, needed to clear out some clutter. Well, sadly, even though I got up at 6:30 in the morning (not the norm for me!) and busted my butt at the yard sale, it just was not profitable this time around and I didn't make more than $25. Sadface! While I was upset that I missed out on all that OT at work, the bright spot in all of this was I got to see friends I hadn't seen in awhile. Michelle came over to help me run the yard sale, and sell some stuff of hers as well. Emily swung by on her lunch break to chat. Ashley came by to kill time before she had to go to work. And my room mate Kristie was off at the time, so we all got to hang out together for a bit. We actually ran up to a local taco stand (don't judge!) and got our food to go and enjoyed a picnic by the pool. I ordered a tostado and chicken quesadilla which I'd never ordered from this place before and they were pretty much amazing. Usually I just get tacos, or a torta. Now I will have to try it all. Yum!

On Monday some of my girlfriends came over and we relaxed by the pool for a few hours. We may or may not have had a few yummy drinks.


The week before last I got to enjoy pedi's and pizza with my good friend Joanna whom I rarely get to see. We went to a local favorite and I got a slice of BBQ pizza. I didn't regret my decision.

Last weekend I actually had a few days off, so, I brought my sweet pups over for a slumber party! They were so excited. The background on this is my house is not fenced in, so I left my dogs with my Dad when I bought my home as I don't want to disrupt their lifestyle and having free reign of his fenced yard with his two dogs that they adore.


After a long, long, week of overtime, and the end of a mentally exhausting almost 14 hour day, I came home and made myself a glass of COLD pink moscato and had a nice candlelit bubble bath. I am thankful for wine, candles, and epson salt to soak in.



This awesome shirt my boyfriend got me! Tapatio's! Need I say more?!


Homemade Guacamole. O-M-G. I used to always buy Wholly Guacamole until my boyfriend showed me just how simple and cheap it is to make. Now I make it weekly. Yum!


Those are just a few of the things I am thankful for. What about you?

I linked up with Katie ElizabethMake Me Up MiaCarly Blogs HereThe Strong Family

4 comments:

  1. Oh girl, I used to hate avocado and now I can't get enough guac! Yours looks like how we make ours, YUM! Your puppies are so cute! Mmmm I love the Raz-Ber-Rita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh, drooling over that guacamole!! Yum! Bummer your yard sale wasn't very profitable - especially because they're sooo much work - but at least you got to spend time with friends! Jealous of your super warm weather down there in FL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like such a fun party idea! I'm sure she loved the princess party theme :) Sorry the yard sale wasn't as great as you were expecting but at least you made a little bit of a profit :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm, cold moscato & a bubble bath...perfect!

    ReplyDelete