Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Army strong!

I know it's a day late but I didn't want to let Memorial Day go by without mentioning some of my family members whom I am so proud of for serving our great country. And besides, we should be remembering these brave men and women every day, not just once a year.

I have two cousins, an uncle and a brother in law who has all served.

My uncle served in the Army from 1990-1992 and was stationed in Germany (where one of his sons may or may not have been conceived) and also deployed to Desert storm.


Unfortunately I couldn't find any pictures of my uncle during his Army days, but that's him above, wearing glasses. 

I have two cousins (they are actually brothers) that both served in the Army and were deployed numerous times, including Afghanistan. "W" served 1984 to 2001. "A" served 1982 to 2001.

 
^^ that is them together!

 ^^ W
^^ A

My brother in law has served in the Army for 12 years now. He has been stationed in Korea and has been deployed 4 times, the latest being this past July, right after his marriage to my sister. Thankfully, he was home for the holidays!

 ^^ my sister and amazing brother in law on their wedding day...

 ^^ and him getting deployed a week later.

The sacrifices these men and women, and their families make is beyond selfless and amazing. I know many people say "well, that was their choice" YES! It was indeed their choice. An amazingly selfless choice that not all are willing to take. They deserve our respect. They deserve our prayers.

All gave some, but, some gave all.

Don't forget to thank the service men and women in your life. And the ones you pass in the streets. It's nice to know they are appreciated. You never know how far a simple smile and thank you can go.

1 comment:

  1. I would like to take the time out of my busy day to Thank You Heather for your Love and Support.No duty is more urgent than that of returning thanks.

    ReplyDelete