Sunday, May 18, 2014

DIY Angry Bird Costume

** This is a repost from my previous blog. I am in the process of transferring over some DIY projects, recipes, etc. **

I have an annual Halloween Bonfire every year, and  I don't like spending a ton of money on a costume so I decided to do it myself. Half the costumes out there are $50+ and barely cover ANYTHING.


Sooo.. I decided to wing it and be an ANGRY BIRD!

I had quite a few compliments on the costume and even a friend asking if she could steal the idea. BY ALL MEANS! Go for it. It was fun, and best of all, cheap. 
MATERIALS(for my entire costume):
* Angry Bird shirt --- walmart $7.50
* Tulle in colors of your choice, I used black and red. Use coupons at craft stores to get a good deal
* Black Tights --- Walmart $5
* Red Head Band --- already had it
* Red Feathers --- bought a multicolored bag at Joanne's
* Red Flip Flops --- Old Navy $2.50

^^ these are all the items *I* used. Of course you could totally change it up.

My good friend Sara had the brilliant idea to make a tutu after she saw the easy DIY tutorial on Mammalicious Finds. The tutu really made the costume. Fulled out, it resembled birds feathers all fluffed out. Perfect!
getting measured for the tutu
hello, Sara Scissorhands
She also added feathers to a sparkly red headband that I already owned AND she made me feather earrings. Isn't she amazing? 
So yeah, the possibilities are endless..... and oh so CUTE! While we are on the topic of things rad and red, I DYED MY HAIR YESTERDAY! This is not a big deal in that I dyed it, that happens quite frequently. It IS a big deal because I did it myself. Usually my stylist does it. BUT, with this bright red I have in it, it fades way to quick to be going back every other week. SO, I bought a box of SPLAT (recommended by a friend) and said "Here goes nothing!!"
BUT, overall? Success... and I saved a ton of money!
LOTS of red, IF I pull it a certain way

All done :)



No comments:

Post a Comment