Saturday, May 17, 2014

Finish This

This is my 1st link up that I've participated in since getting back into blogging.  One of my friends, Jen {The Arizona Russums} is a host so I figured I'd give it a shot this weekend. I have some free time today which means it's a great time for me to do a bit of networking. I can't wait to check out some of the other ladies who have linked up this week. Don't forget to stop by and say hey to the other co-hosts Nicole {Three 31}, Becky {The Java Mama} & Lisa {Coastlined}.



This weeks prompts were:

A lesson I learned from my Mom: One of the biggest lessons I took from my Mom was the act of selfless love. I have an older sister that my mother gave up for adoption 3 years before I was born. She didn't give her up because she didn't want her, she gave her up because she knew she couldn't provide for her and that my sister deserved a better life. That decision was an act of selflessness. It broke my Mother's heart, BUT, she knew it was best. I often remind myself of this lesson when I feel myself being selfish.


To burn calories, I: go to the gym or swim. I wish I could say I run, but, that is something I am slowly working on.


My best hair day was: I don't really get many awesome hair days. My hair is extremely thin and flat so any day that I have a bit of volume, I am happy! I think I look best with shorter hair as it keeps my hair healthier. I feel most beautiful when I have some chunks in my hair!

 
I am grateful for: my life. It has definitely been a roller coaster of highs and lows, but, I know God has a plan and I am grateful to be living it. I am blessed with an amazing boyfriend, 2 healthy, adorable step sons, a Dad who is beyond proud of me, my fur-babies and an amazing support system of great friends and family.



Prompts for next week:

My favorite recipe is...

I believe in...

I need to set boundaries...

I began living when...

2 comments:

  1. Welcome Heather, I'm so glad you decided to join this link up! Welcome back to the blog-osphere too. Your mother sounds like an amazing lady, it takes courage to make tough decisions. If my "chunks" in your hair you mean highlights, or stripes of color, whatever they're called, you look great. I don't even own a brush so I know nothing about hair. HA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair looks great with chunks. I had my hair highlighted that way and loved them.

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    Traci

    ReplyDelete