Monday, August 4, 2014

Painting with a twist

I know they are super popular right now and popping up all over the place, but, I had never been to one... until last Friday. Painting with a twist. A little paint, a little wine and a lot of fun! Why did I NOT think of this?! What a great idea. Perfect for a girls night out.

My friend and I got there a bit early to ensure we could pick out a good seat and warn the teacher that we have NO artistic abilities. Of course, she said she hears that all the time. I am so serious though, I can not draw a straight line so I was wondering how on earth I was going to paint an amazing picture. But, you know what? I did. And you can too. I LOVE THIS PLACE!

When I was invited by a friend for a group event, I was super excited 1) because I have never been and have been wanting to for a long time and 2) the painting we were set to paint was nautical and I love all things related to the deep blue sea!

 ^^ the twist, drinks :)

It got confusing at (many) times!

^^ Our group

I had so much fun doing this, however, I think my painting looked better at the half way point, before I continued to add to it. Haha. Once we added the highlights, I accidentally went a little dash crazy and it changed my anchor from black to grey, but, have no fear, the teacher saved the day and showed me how to fix it!

^^ Half way point, looking alright if I do say so myself

^^ FINISHED PRODUCT!

^^ the groups finished product

^^ making a mess but having fun!

All in all, painting with a twist was a wonderful laid back girls night. For someone like me, who is not at all artistic, to walk away with their very own masterpiece, I thought it was pretty awesome. The class takes about 2 hours, we were scheduled 6-8pm but left around 8:20pm. We wrapped the evening up at Chili's for some deliciousness. 

^^ their guac was okay, but I like mine better ;)


1 comment:

  1. These are so fun!! I've been dying to do this! Such a good idea for a girls night!

    ReplyDelete