Thursday, August 14, 2014

Thankful Thursday V10

Today is a special Thankful Thursday.

It is 100% dedicated to my Mommy.

I am thankful for the 17 years I got to spend with her :)


It is hard for me to believe it has been 13 years since she went to join our Savior.

It seems like it was just yesterday that I was walking through the halls of my high school, on the 4th day of my senior year, when I got the notification that she passed away. I remember it like it was yesterday. I called my Dad to check on her and she said he had just got the call, and was on his way to check me out of school and head to the hospital. I remember word of mouth had already spread via the office that my Mom had passed, so, friends were passing me in the hall as I was on my quest to find my best friends classroom, as well as my high school sweethearts classroom. I needed their support. I am still best friends with both of them as a matter of fact. My life forever changed that day. While I would give anything to have had more years with my Mommy, and have her watch me evolve into the woman I am today, I know God had a bigger plan, and her death has shaped my life in many ways. I also know she is watching over me. I feel her presence.

August is always a hard month for me, but, this year is different. I feel empowered. I feel good. I know God has me in Maumee, Ohio for a purpose. And the fact that Maumee is pronounced Mommy, and that I moved out here in August. I feel her presence all over this opportunity!

Sadly, I don't have many pictures of my Mom and I. She was the complete opposite of me in that she hated photos. I on the other hand am a photo freak, documenting every little thing.

My Mom truly was an amazing woman who went through many obstacles in life to get to where she was going. One thing I will never, ever doubt was her love for me. I know without a shadow of a doubt that I was her world, her pride and joy. She was sure to tell multiple people, who (just in case I didn't already know) were sure to tell me.

So, Mommy, I thank you for the 17 wonderful years we shared together, and the memories we made.

I will wear my yellow butterfly necklace in honor of you today.

When I look to the sky, I know you are there <3

No comments:

Post a Comment