Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Kidney for Kristy Update

SHE GOT THE CALL!

Last Thursday, July 10th, my cousin got the call she has been waiting years for. They had a kidney for her. I can't even tell you the emotions that went through me when she called me as she was rushing to the Florida hospital. As soon as I got off the phone I dropped to me knees in tears and just sent praises up. God is so, so good.

^^ this was right before surgery! My cousin, her hubby, Mom and step-dad.

Here is how it went down, as told to me by my cousin. She was actually AT dialysis on Thursday when she got the call. She recognized Florida Hospital's number, BUT, it wasn't her caseworker. When she picked up the lady verified it was Kristy, then said "Honey, we have a kidney for you! Now, we aren't 100% sure it's a match, we need you here ASAP to do all the cross matching tests, but, we are 95% sure this is your new kidney" Kristy said she immediately started crying and kept saying "you aren't lying are you?! This isn't a joke?!" She asked if she needed to go ahead and stop dialysis and leave right then and they said yes, so, they unhooked her, and off she went. Everyone at dialysis was so happy they were in tears for her as well. She got to the hospital around 12:30pm. Cross testing was done and they said it was a match by 3:30pm and she went back for surgery around 5pm. It should have took 3 hours, but it took an extra hour due to complications. She went from surgery to recovery where she was awake within an hour, and then off to ICU. 

^^ this was taken right after surgery

So far, everything looks great. I visited with her on Friday and Sunday and her spirits are high.

She actually was released from the hospital just a few short hours ago.

The many, many prayers are very much appreciated. 

Again I say it, God is so, so good




No comments:

Post a Comment