Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Stray Update: Molly Ray

This is a few weeks over due, but I wanted to give a quick update on the stray Golden Retriever that I found on May 21st. I took her to my local SPCA that same day as my yard isn't fenced in and I didn't want to chance her ripping through my screened in pool area and escaping into the woods where she could very well meet up with some coyotes. Since she had a microchip, the SPCA put her on a 10 day hold. While she was at the SPCA I continued to try and reach out to her owners via telephone and facebook to no avail. But, I had wonderful news via facebook, as her picture was circulating locally, I was made aware of a family that planned to adopt Miss Molly if her owners did not come forward. HOW EXCITING. Thanks to the world of social networking, I was able to find this precious fur baby a home! It was explained to me that the family that was looking to adopt her had lost their Golden within the last year and hadn't found another match that was right... until they saw Molly's face circulating facebook. Aww. So, they went up to the SPCA within a few days to meet her in person and it was love at 1st site. They completed everything necessary to make Molly theirs and walked away with the understanding that if Molly's owners had not claimed her by the time her hold date was up, she would be all theirs.

Guess what? No one ever came for Miss Molly. On June 5th, just over 2 weeks from the day I rescued her, Molly Ray went to her new furever home. I LOVE HAPPY ENDINGS! I am so happy I was able to be a part of this by simply taking time out of my (what I think is) busy day to rescue a stray in need.

Here is the background as shared by Molly's new owner: 

We had a Golden, her name was Lacy. She was 6 months old when we got her in the Fall of 98. She was part of our family for 15 years...we lost her on November 2nd, 2013. I get teary just writing this. It took a while before we were ready but the day I saw your post my heart filled & I knew she was meant to be with us. I forwarded her picture to my husband & he immediately called me wanting to know the details. We went the same day to the SPCA to give them our name in case her family did not come for her. Because of the chip, they had to hold her for ten days. I called regularly to check on her & on the tenth day...we brought her to her new home - her new family. There was an instant bond & I can't help but think the she was sent to us by Him. She is truly a blessing & we couldn't imagine life without her now. Thank you again, Heather, your kind, compassionate heart helped us complete our family.

And here's a few pics that they gave me permission to share.

 ^^ Molly on the car ride home
 ^^ She stole the neighbors cat toy... look at that innocent face!
 ^^ posted in her new favorite spot to watch squirrels
 ^^ just lounging around the yard

Seeing all of those pictures makes my heart swell. I changed the lives of a family for the better by rescuing this stray that almost got hit. Not only did I rescue Molly that day, it led to her rescuing her new family as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment