Thursday, July 10, 2014

Thankful Thursday V5

Goodness gracious, is it just me, or does time just seem to fly by during the summer months? It seems like winter drags on forever... well, in colder states, not really in Florida... but, you know what I mean.

It seems like every time I glance at the calendar another week has flown by. Slow down, please!

This week I am thankful for the following:

^^ SHE GOT THE CALL!! A few hours ago my cousin got the call to rush to Florida Hospital as they may have her match. She has been waiting years for this call. We are waiting now for the cross match and if everything is ago surgery will be soon. The power of prayer is amazing my friends.

* An old coworker/friend coming back to chat/check in on me. He is actively involved in ministry and a great guy. He just returned to work and has no clue about the personal struggles that I am going through right now, so, I know that was God working in sending him to chat with me. It was nice to chat with him and hear how his sweet family and wife are doing right now.


^^ Mexican Candy, yes. I know, it is an acquired taste.

^^ Late night reflections by the pool. I have spent many nights recently outside reading my Bible, praying, and just reflecting.

^^ ELOTE! Enough said, if you've never had Mexican style corn on the cob you are missing out.

* Lots of phone time catching up with one of my best friends who lives out of state in Virgina. It's nice to be able to catch up with someone who understands me completely. Love you T!

^^ CURLS! I am not used to having long hair, I am loving the different things I can do now.

^^ Visually noticing the difference in my body since I started eating clean(er). I have lost about 12lbs (2 pants sizes!!) in the last month. I've been following the crossfit block/zone diet, which is basically Paleo, eating clean. I LOVE the way I feel, and don't even crave the other stuff. Basically, instead of getting my carbs from pasta-y stuff, I get it from fruits or veggies. A sample meal for me would be 6oz of ground turkey, 2/3 cup mashed sweet potatoes, 1/4 cup black beans and 3 table spoons of avocado. That's a 3 block meal and right there I get my protein, carbs, and good fat.

^^ rewarded myself with two new gym shirts. I love this one :)

How about you, friends? What are you thankful for this past week? 

Note: I should have my link up working by next week!

2 comments:

  1. I love that shirt! And look at your bicep!! Hot stuff!
    I sincerely hope everything works out for your cousin - I will keep her in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you girl!! Eating healthy makes ALL the difference, it truly makes you feel so much better :) Love that tank!

    ReplyDelete